Contact

Contact me by email: mbrummermann@comcast.net or telephone 520-682-2837

'In any land what is there more glorious than sunlight! Even here in the desert where it falls fierce and hot like a rain of meteors, it is the one supreme beauty to which all things pay allegiance ... The chief glory of the desert is its broad blaze of omnipresent light.'
-John Van Dyke

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Tucson's Hispanic heritage

In 1991 I was invited to work at the physiology department of the University of Tucson. So I arrived with mostly professional interests to do research and teaching at the Medical School. But I became immediately fascinated with the multicultural aspects of the Old Pueblo. In fact, it was the warm embrace of both the Native American and the Hispanic communities that made me feel welcome, comfortable with my artistic pursuits and soon opened the way to galleries and art shows.

Of course I responded with many paintings of beautiful people and colorful traditions. I am now reviving those paintings that are still very dear to me in several series of artists greeting cards. The Folklórico and Mariachi set is the first one.

Each set of 7 cards with envelopes comes in a clear box that features the image above at its back.  The set costs $ 20. (plus shipping and tax if appl.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment