Contact

Contact me by email: mbrummermann@comcast.net or telephone 520-682-2837

'In any land what is there more glorious than sunlight! Even here in the desert where it falls fierce and hot like a rain of meteors, it is the one supreme beauty to which all things pay allegiance ... The chief glory of the desert is its broad blaze of omnipresent light.'
-John Van Dyke

Monday, January 2, 2012

Additions to the Collection: Architecture


 In 1998 I traveled from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, painting little Plein Air oils and slightly larger watercolors of Missions and other interesting sites. I camped in my van and got quite used to the permanent turpentine smell. The collection above shows watercolors from that trip and also some famous Arizona buildings. All are now part of the Flickr gallery here. 


In 1999 I actually moved to California for 2 years and studied the work of the California Impressionist school surrounded by the actual landscapes that inspired those painters.  I also had the opportunity to meet and paint with most of the members of PAPA (Plein Air Painters of America).



No comments:

Post a Comment